The following is a summary of the record and policy statements of Senator Barack Obama on the issues of life and marriage. Because we are sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization, we are not permitted to endorse or advocate for or against a candidate.
We can however provide you with a candidate's record on the issues. Therefore, we present you with the following facts for your use to educate voters on the candidates and the teaching of the Church in these critical days prior to November 4.
The election is likely to be a subject of the homily for your parish priest this weekend. We encourage you to share this information with your priest soon so he can consider mentioning this information from the pulpit.
Make sure to pass along this information to your friends and family, too. Let's have an informed electorate on Tuesday.
We also have this Urgent Memo available online in flyer format for easy download so you can print it out and distribute this weekend. Download the flyer here: http://tinyurl.com/5a7mop
URGENT MEMO TO: American Catholics FROM: CatholicVote.com RE: Barack Obama on the Issues of Importance to Catholics
1. Obama is undecided on whether life begins at conception - Saddleback Church Forum Aug 16th, 2008. Obama voted against born alive protections for abortion survivors four times, and voted against a ban on partial-birth abortion in the Illinois state senate SOURCES: http://www.bornalivetruth.org Audacity of Hope written by Barack Obama
2. Obama has pledged to Planned Parenthood to sign The Freedom of Choice Act, a law which would cancel every state, federal, and local regulation of abortion, no matter how modest or reasonable. It would even abolish all state restrictions on government funding for abortions. Catholics that pay income tax will be paying an abortionist to perform an abortion. It would also abolish state laws that protect Catholic doctors and nurses from losing their jobs if they refuse to participate in abortions. It would abolish requirements for parental notification and informed consent for mothers who consider the procedure. – Obama speech to Planned Parenthood, July 17, 2007 He is endorsed by pro-Abortion industry leader Planned Parenthood and has a 100% NARAL voting record. - SOURCES: http://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/campaigns/barack-obama-endorsement-111.htm http://www.naral.org/elections/statements/obama.html
3. Obama would repeal the Mexico City policy, which bars federal funding for international nongovernmental organizations involved in abortion-related services and would pit the US against the Vatican on the international fight against abortion. SOURCE: http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nj_20080719_6257.php
4. He strongly supports the 1973 Supreme Court decision on abortion rights and says he will oppose any constitutional measure to overturn it. - SOURCE: http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nj_20080719_6257.php
5. Obama has pledged to choose Justices with a Pro Abortion agenda and he voted against Roberts and Alito. SOURCE: http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nj_20080719_6257.php
6. Obama voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions and prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. SOURCE: http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nj_20080719_6257.php
7. Obama supports the destruction of embryos for experimentation and voted to expand research to more embryonic stem cell lines. SOURCE: http://obama.senate.gov/press/070411-obama_renews_su/
8. He voted yes on $100M to fund contraceptives for teens and sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. SOURCE: http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nj_20080719_6257.php
9. Voted no on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP a program that gives funds to states in order to provide health insurance to families with children. SOURCE: http://www.ncregister.com/site/article/15942
10. He opposed the federal marriage amendment in 2006 and also favors repealing the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act, which gives a state the right not to recognize same-sex marriages performed in another state. SOURCE: http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nj_20080719_6257.php
PAID FOR BY CATHOLICVOTE.COM A PROJECT OF THE FIDELIS CENTER FOR LAW & POLICY Contact (312) 201-6559 or www.CatholicVote.com
Thanks to McCain-Palin 08 blog for this funny video from News Busters (if you've never been there, go right after you watch this video... this is humor, but most of what they do is expose the holes in the crud that's called "news" these days)
If Barack Obama can't win the election by golly, he'll steal the election.
There are reports of tactics being used by Democrats across the country that are downright scary. They want this election so badly there are no lows to low for these shysters.
I heard today that they are sending operatives from states that Obama has in the win column to swing states to register as residents. They vote there then head home and vote in their home state, too. Even if they don't or can't vote in their home state, they've affected the outcome in a swing state.
They're going into prisons to register crooks and creeps and they're picking up the homeless and turning them into voters for one election.
It's not just ACORN out there trying to twist and steal the election, it's operatives across the country.
I've been through a lot of elections and I have never heard of one where someone was willing to go to such lengths.
This is a series of YouTube videos of Bill Ayers in Venezuela talking about a lot of things that will interest those who really care about the future of our country. Videos are from about two years ago.
There is an interpreter so don't be put off by the language at the start. Ayers talks in English.
I was walking with a friend yesterday trying to jiggle off a few stubborn pounds. The discussion turned to politics, which is not surprising if I'm walking and talking. Usually I'm the one who weaves it into a conversation, but this time my friend brought it up by saying things were looking bad for John McCain.
As the conversation progressed I realized she was a lightweight, typical voter. She only knew what she saw in the headlines and on the news. She was a surface skimmer.
It is scary to think about how many people across the country are thinking they know enough to vote based on what is spoon-fed to them by the main stream media. Very scary.
How do you get the word out when the media is blocking your every move? How do you reach people who only care about where they're going for dinner tonight or which show they'll watch on TV?
I talked with her at length about things, but I could tell she just thought I was a wonk. She didn't buy into some of the things I said, which is OK as I do understand that when you start talking about the media blocking and turning the news that it starts to sound like your a conspiracy theorist or going over the edge.
The good news is that she is voting for John McCain despite it all. I hope there are lots like her who will overlook the brainwashing and stand on principle.
Someone, and I don't remember who, had a blog about the charge that Governor Palin made people pay for pregnancy testing when raped? I can't remember the exact details. One of our sister bloggers talked about how she looked into it and basically Wasilla was doing what almost everyone does which is ask the insurance companies to pay for the test???
Anyway, an abortion rights group has a commercial and is throwing out the charge that Sarah Palin would charge rape victims. It's been proven to be incorrect.
Whoever wrote that blog, I'd love it if you'd copy it and post it as a response to this so we'll have the facts! I may copy and paste it into a blog (and give credit, of course).
Didn't our gal Sarah do a wonderful job tonight? Fox News has a poll that shows her winning the debate (86%). Of course, CNN has her losing (39%) with Biden at 51%. Very telling when it comes to showing the different audiences watching. Then again, Fox News blows CNN away on the ratings, so we know who does a better job .
OK, I have to get back in there to the TV and hear some more PRAISE for Governor Palin's performance tonight. WOW.